Sat, 10 Sept|
The Centre of Ki
Advanced Yoga Workshop - Plow Pose and Shoulder Stand
Discover the power of inverted postures through a guided exploration of Plow Pose and Shoulder Stand.
Time & Location
10 Sept 2022, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The Centre of Ki, 22 Dean St, Angaston SA 5353, Australia
About the Event
Plow Pose and Shoulder Stand are two poses that have particularly had a big impact on my life.
After being diagnosed with thyroiditis and hypothyroidism in 2011, I began incorporating these poses into my daily practice to help stimulate the thyroid gland. The power of this practise, along with other dietary and lifestyle changes, enabled me to get my condition under control. I was also able to avoid having to take medication, which my doctor said I would need to continue to take for the rest of my life.
Now, over 10 years later, I am symptom free and continue to enjoy the benefits of practising these two inverted postures.
I'd love to share my love of Plow Pose and Shoulder Stand with you. In this workshop, you will be guided through a series of warm up exercises and a number of therapeutic variations of these poses.
My hope is that this workshop will give you a greater appreciation for these two poses and break down any fear you associate with them. My goal for you is that after this workshop you will feel confident in including these two poses in your yoga practise and enjoy the benefits they bring.
In this workshop, you will:
- be guided through a series of warm up exercises in preparation for Plow Pose and Shoulder Stand
- learn about the benefits associated with practising these poses regularly
- explore different therapeutic versions of these poses and learn how to incorporate them into your yoga practise
After the workshop, you will receive access to recorded yoga sequences incorporating these poses for you to practise at home.
This workshop is for people who:
- have been practising yoga for a minimum of 6 months
- want to explore more challenging inverted poses
- want guidance on how to achieve these poses safely and and be guided by an experienced teacher
- want to include these poses in their home practise
- are suffering from health issues, such as thyroid problems, and want to include yoga as a therapy or healing modality
If you have neck problems or are carrying a neck injury, it is recommended you do not attend this workshop. Please get in touch with Leah if you have any questions about participating in this workshop.
About your teacher
Leah is passionate about helping others on their path to improved health and wellbeing. She has been practising Ryoho Yoga Therapy for over 25 years and teaching this style of yoga since 2008. Leah holds a Bachelor Degree in Physical and Health Education along with a Diploma of Ryoho Yoga Therapy and Diploma in Zen Ki Yoga. She has also attained diplomas in Ki Shiatsu, Ki Cultivation and Macrobiotic Counselling.