Breath - A deep dive into the Wim Hof Method
Time & Location
About the Event
A Wim Hof Fundamentals Workshop
Hosted by The Centre of Ki, in conjunction with Madison Kalleske Personal Training.
In this workshop, you will be guided by South Australia's only certified Wim Hof Method instructor, Kym Burls, to learn and practice the three pillars of the Wim Hof Method (WHM) - the breathing technique, cold exposure and mindset.
To get started, you will be welcomed by Leah and guided through a short series of yoga exercises to activate the lungs. Following on from this, Kym will facilitate the workshop, where you will learn:
- about the link between your breath and your nervous system
- a technique to reset your body and give you more energy
- about why stress is actually good for you
- how to control your mental state by changing your physical state
- how cold exposure can improve your focus and clarity
- how to improve your pain tolerance by altering your body's pH
At the end of the day, Leah will bring everyone together for a reflection and guided meditation practice to seal in and integrate the work done in the workshop.
Lunch and afternoon tea will be provided. Please inform us of any dietary requirements when making your booking. All food provided on the day will be plant based and gluten free.
This workshop is for people wanting to:
- explore alternatives to increasing their energy and physical performance
- explore ways to improve their mental health, manage pain and sleep better
- explore new techniques in breathing
- experience the powerful effects of an ice bath
The workshop is suitable for everyone 18 years and over, regardless of your current level of fitness or confidence. Take the plunge, come along and feel what it's all about. As Wim says - "feeling is understanding".
WHAT TO BRING
- yoga mat
- sleeping bag or blanket (it can get cool doing the breathing)
- comfortable clothes
- a warm jacket
Out of precaution, we advise against participation during pregnancy, or if you are epileptic. People with cardiovascular issues, or any other serious health conditions (e.g. high blood pressure, COPD) should always get in touch with the instructor and consult a medical professional before attending. If you have specific questions relating to your condition, please contact your instructor, Kym Burls, on 0424 300 760 beforehand.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kym Burls is a certified Level 2 Wim Hof Method instructor based in Adelaide, who's passionate about sharing the influence improved breathing can have on our lives. He's been fortunate to learn the Wim Hof Method from Wim himself, and taught alongside Wim and some of the most senior instructors. When he's not teaching, he enjoys keeping fit and mobile through CrossFit, muay thai and the odd run and yoga session.
- Sold OutGeneral Admission - WHF$175$1750$0